market environment - mechanical engineering
Companies try to respond to ever-changing consumer and market behavior with shorter innovation cycles. In order to produce consumer goods, appropriate machinery or special equipment must be designed. The design, procurement and assembly of such machinery entail new and increasingly complex requirements for the whole organization.
It’s increasingly important to concentrate on core competencies (standardization and equal parts philosophy) and to have quality as a strategic competitive advantage (quality improvement with systematic cost reduction).
- Clarification of requirements specifications vs. performance specifications
- Leading virtual project teams (e.g. global design teams)
- Definition of execution and procurement concepts
- Consulting in Make-or-Buy decisions
- Introduction of defined performance records (acceptance procedures)
- Raise of the intercultural competence in the project implementation
A global operating company specialized in building automotive plants has been supported for several years in various positions by interim management.
Due to the enormous technical complexity (simultaneous engineering), OEMs make highest demands on their suppliers. This and the complex processing concepts (global sourcing, multi domestic) set highest standards in project management and for project managers.